You know you’re a Tenkara addict when…
- You can name more species of trout in Japanese than you can in English
- You wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat after having nightmares about losing your rod’s plug
- You feel personally insulted when someone refers to Tenkara as “dapping”
- Your entire fly tying kit consists of only some hooks, black thread, and brown rooster hackle
- Your index finger is permanently frozen in the extended position from using the traditional Tenkara grip
- You consider a 10 ft. rod “a shorty”
- You’re fluent in “Japanglish”
- Ugly Geocities websites with broken links now seem normal to you
- You bought the Japanese Rosetta Stone just so you could understand what length line they’re using in those Tenkara Youtube videos
- You’ve completely forgotten what “backing” is for
- You can attach a furled line to a lilian cord blindfolded after being spun around 6 times
- Someone asks you if you reel right or left handed and you can’t remember
- When people stare at you because you’re fishing without a reel, you think they’re the ones who are crazy
What are your symptoms?
Like this article? You might also like these ...